Monday, October 24, 2005


What can I say about Arthur Adams that has not already been said? His artwork was the main reason I got serious about drawing when I was in high school. I had always drawn and I always loved comics, but when I saw New Mutants Special #1 I decided I wanted to draw for a living. Arthur just makes everything look fun. I had met him a few times at comic conventions and was surprised at how approachable he was, so I contacted him about doing some toys based on his Monkeyman and O'Brien series when I got a job at an action figure company. Eventually that company went belly up and those figures never got made, but Arthur and his wonderful wife Joyce still return my phone calls and have been super cooperative about getting me their artwork to use in my books. This is the first piece of Arthur's work I colored for print and I was so nervous about painting it, but I think it turned out alright.

No comments: