Thursday, October 20, 2005


Thunder Lizards!: How To Draw Fantastic Dinosaurs (Paperback) by Steve Miller $19.95 144 pages Publisher: Watson-Guptill Publications ISBN: 0823016633 A grand, new dinosaur drawing book for adults, focusing on anatomy and encompassing the latest scientific research to show serious artists exactly how to draw realistic dinosaurs. Thunder Lizards covers everything from Tyrannosaurus rex, to Allosaurus, to Velociraptors, to the plodding Apatosaurus � more than 50 dinosaurs in all, plus flying and marine reptiles and tips on drawing dynamic dinosaur sequences. I asked the author (a fan of PT) to send us a quote about his new book. "I hope everyone enjoys reading and drawing from Thunder Lizards! It represents over two years of research, writing, and illustrating. I feel incredibly fortunate to have gotten to work with such a wide range of excellent paleoartists. I still can't believe artists like Gregory S. Paul, Bernie Wrightson, and Arthur Adams contributed illustrations to the project. I learned to draw dinosaurs from looking at their art and now I have the opportunity to showcase their talents and that of others like Bryan Baugh, Frank Cho, and Brett Booth. Hopefully Thunder Lizards will energize the imaginations of the next generation of dino-artists. I also got this quick note from Ray Harryhausen who also has a book out from my publisher. "Good luck with your book. Young people for many years have had an interest in prehistoric life, probably because the dinosaurs seem like creatures of the imagination." Steve's new book includes many names you've seen submitting art in PT over the years. The dino art is all quite excellent with leanings toward comic book style dino art (very similar to my own style I suppose) and I think you will really enjoy it. Chapters cover bone structure, muscles, basic dino classification, individual dinosaur types and more. Grab this book!

No comments: